Thursday, February 23, 2012

*Blessings All Around Me...An Important Reflection!*

My "Happy" Shelf

Sooo many things...many good things have been happening for us here...I know things are not always perfect and there are things I still have to wait on...but I know that the Lord does love me and that he always brings us what we need...I count my many blessings because I know that others do not have as much as I have...I know to not look at what I don't have because I value and appreciate all that the Lord has blessed me with.

As I see the news headlines lately, it gets a bit scary at times and discouraging as well...it sometimes makes me wonder if what I do is of any good for mankind.  But then I realize that these times are when it's most important to embrace the gifts that the Lord has entrusted to me...he has given me the gift to bless others in so many ways:

The first is the gift of empathy/compassion for others...sometimes I felt that it was a curse as I care too much and therefore get hurt by others often...but the Lord has shown me how to bounce back and cling to him through the hurting times and then he blesses me when I recieve beautiful gifts from others...like their smiles, hugs and words of appreciation.

He has also given me the gift of voice to use as a way to touch and heal others with my words and in song...I have always been able to teach and speak to groups of people naturally ever since I began singing in the Church Choir in my early twenties, which is amazing as in my childhood and teens I was extremely shy.  So when I began to use my voice in singing and in speach and to teach I began to take that for granted...but lately I've realized just how important those gifts are.

I am also a storyteller...in words and also artistic expression...I write poetry, stories and sometimes even songs...some are silly others deep and emotional...and in my artistic expression as well...I have been realizing alot of things lately and it was amazing to me just how therapuetic painting and writing are...and I feel the desire to share that with others!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*So I feel in the deepest parts of my soul that what I do is important to lift others up...with my artwork, words and in singing...it is important what I do...it is an important gift to share with others in the world...it is important to God that I do what he has called me to do with my life...it is my mission to share the beauty of the Lord with others through my art...it is important...and I am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment