Monday, May 6, 2013

Instant Mommy-ism

A new artwork I am working on...hoping to get it done this week!
This painting that I am working on is the 1st one I've felt is a true heart expression of my being an instant mommy.  I feel so blessed even though some times are a little more challenging than I was ever ready for.  When you foster to adopt it's a whole other set of challenges than your average mommyhood.  Not saying that regular mommyhood is any easier...it's just different.
 
Most of the time we feel just like this painting...peace and happiness...a lovely bond is growing between us and she fills me with joy.  Sometimes there are the parts of what happens when a child has been in confusing moments in their lives.  You really have to be extra patient and sometimes is harder than others...and the testing of boundaries happen as what you would expect...but even though you expect it, those moments are never easy.  However, when I work through those and see her smile and hear her giggle...especially when she says 'I love you mommy' ~ I know that it's all worth it!!
 
My perspective has shifted as well as my priorities but I know that it's important for me to continue creating art as much as I am able to.  We are doing better at adjusting together so soon I know when she's got a school schedule we can get a good routine started and I can arrange my own schedule around that too!  Well life is extra busy so I'm not sure when I'll be back here to post...and I'm really excited to celebrate my 1st Mother's Day this year so I'm going to be having a sale in my Etsy shop...check here for more details:  https://www.etsy.com/shop/GinasWhimsyHeART
 
Have a Blessed & Cre8v Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment