Friday, July 5, 2013

A Kind Of Healing...

Hello Friends!  Just thought I'd post this quick little slideshow featuring some of my favorite digital ATC's I created back in 2006 when I was really into digital creating and share a little reflection of how this digital medium helped me to heal and lead me back to my love of painting!
 I began using the digital 'medium' to create shortly after the passing away of my beloved grandmother because I was in such deep mourning that I couldn't paint, draw, scrapbook on paper...natha!  Seriously, it was as though my mourning of her death sucked out all my joy...especially since my main thing I loved doing back then was scrapbooking and then of course other paper crafting.
 
But of course as an artist and creative soul I yearned to do something creative ...I stumbled upon the digital scrapbooking websites and it ignited my creativity again.  I know that digital had gotten a bad rep within the paper medium scrapbooking & paper crafters community but honestly digital scrapbooking actually was a God send to me...it helped me feel creative again...to feel excited about creating again and led me back to paper crafting and then to creating my original artworks (which is another story entirely!)...but I felt I needed to share this part of my journey...because I need to remind myself of this when I am needing a little pick me up...which is where I am now!
 
Early this morning was a little tough for me...I couldn't sleep due to all the negative thoughts swirling in my mind...I was doubting everything about myself...it was a soul searching moment and I prayed, I cried and journaled my heart out...until the Lord brought me peace again.  At first I wasn't going to post about this but for some reason (even if it's only to help just 1 person) I felt led to go ahead and do so...and so I am!  As I was getting ready to post here I found this slideshow (I created earlier this year but never posted) as though my Guardian Angel was reminding me of where I've been and how far I've come and to not give up on my dreams!
 
I feel like I'm on this part of my journey that I see an old worn out bridge that I must cross in order to continue on my path to reach my dreams and goals and it's scary...I've taken a few steps but the bridge is creaking and I'm afraid I'll fall...I am wondering if I will be able to make it...I am gripped with fear but at the same time my faith is telling me to continue...I must continue...so continue I will...

No comments:

Post a Comment