Saturday, August 29, 2015

A Life Lived To The Fullest...

I am writing this as a tribute to my cousin Stephanie...who's Funeral Services where earlier today or should I say Friday morning...and my heart is so saddened by her loss...more because she was battling cancer for about a year...and I so wanted to see her conquer it.  She was my age...and last Friday was the last time I seen her alive but I could tell...as much as I prayed and prayed for a miracle healing...I had to accept that she was already leaving us...and she taught me a lot that last day...

She taught me not to take my family for granted...to keep giving and to keep reaching out to others...even when I am not feeling well...to not allow time to steal away from my relationships...to live with no regrets...so I began as soon as I could...I am telling all my family how much I love them...that I want to see more of them...not to let so much time pass...I want to live fully...I want to leave a legacy of love and joy like my Grandmothers...to inspire others like Stephanie...

She was a warrior...full of courage and strength...battling and enduring to cling to her life for her family...but when it's our time to leave...when we've done all that we were meant to do in this world then it is time for us to go...and I find peace knowing that she is with our Lord and no longer suffering but so joyful.

I am so moved by her amazing battle of courage that I will be creating a series of pieces similar like this one here to capture her example of living life to the fullest...this was my first one as I was keeping hope for her miracle lifted up in prayer...


and I sang with all my heart for her today with the choir for her services...these are some of the words of the last song that are still in my mind for her:  "and he will raise you up on eagle's wings, bear you on the breath of dawn, make you to shine like the sun, and hold you in the palm of his hand"

Love you my dear cousin Stephanie...you lived a wonderful life and I am so happy I got to be a part of it...

No comments:

Post a Comment