Saturday, March 2, 2013

Witnessing Rainbows Together...

Feeling so blessed right now...the Lord has been so good to us!
Oh how amazing and wonderful you are to me oh Lord...you are so faithful...I thank and praise you for all your wondrous deeds!  I needed to begin this post with praises to my Lord because without all that he's done for us...what I'm posting about wouldn't be...

***Heartwarming News***

*About Cailan...
So after a really long and challenging time...we are finally at the point where we can see the light at the end of the tunnel...we are making arrangements to go meet Cailan for the 1st time in Mid March which we are so excited about but the most beautiful thing I got to experience was to actually be able to talk to her on the phone for the 1st time Thursday night.

She is sooo adorable and I felt a connection with her right away!  At first she was shy but as I asked her questions about what she likes and her favorite animals and colors she began to open up more and more.  It was such an intense experience for me because as I was hearing her share those things with me I was cherishing each response, taking in her little character and noticing how intelligent she is too.

Our bonding has already begun too, I can tell because when I told her that she would be living with my husband and I and that she wouldn't have to move any more she said:  "You mean when I go live with you I get to stay forever?"  When I told her yes, she excitedly told her foster mom 'I get to live with her forever and ever and ever!!'  I just about cried...then she began to sing for me...and when she sang the words 'yes, Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me, yes Jesus loves me, the bible told me sooo'...she melted my heart...I can't wait to meet her but more than that I can't wait till she's finally home with us...her home!

*About True Friendship...
So with all the different things that happen with life...my husband and I are trying to find the best way safely yet also affordable to us and I had posted on my Facebook for references and opinions on the best way and such.  So this morning I was personally touched by my dear friend Lisa, for her beautiful words on our behalf that she posted on her FB page to her family & friends which I am posting here because what she wrote was so beautiful and touched me deeply that I want to document this and this is also to show truly what a wonderful treasured friend of mine she is...here's what she wrote:



Dear Family & Friends~

I am reaching out in hopes I can get some assistance for my friends Gina and Arturo Arzaga. This beautiful couple is so close to fulfilling their dreams of becoming adoptive parents. They are preparing to visit their soon to be adopted daughter, Cailan for the first time! Cailan is in Washington State. My friends are asking for information on discounts on airfare or hotel accommodations since the trip is not something they initially planned for. If anyone has any means of helping with some great connections in the airline or hotel industry, it would be great to know. They would never ask for financial support or freebies/comps because that is not in their nature but I am taking a leap here on my own by asking. I would love to hold a fundraiser for them but there is no time, they must leave very soon. If anybody is interested in helping Gina & Art, please let me know. I will collect donations on their behalf. Send me a message and I will give you all of the information on where to send your monetary donation to. I know times are tough for so many of us right now and understand that it may be impossible. Either way, I ask for prayer or a kind note of support to them. The days ahead will busy and I know they would truly appreciate all the prayers and love.
This journey has been so very long. They have shown so much patience. Gina & Art have remained strong. They have experienced some road blocks but God has moved those road blocks and they are on their way to see their angel, finally. Some days were brighter than others but never giving up, ever. They want this more than anything. It will all be worth it. Proud parents they will be. Incredible, loving parents is how I see them already.

Gina & Art are devoted to God, they both give so much time to their church and their family. God has blessed them and will continue to bless them. Miracles are happening for them. They have longed to have a child of their own for many years and this dream is truly becoming a reality.

Thank you for taking the time to read this, thank you for your kindness and thank you for the prayers! Love & Blessings Always ♥

(she even included one of my favorite pics of us with that post)
**************************************************
Again, I am with tears of joy...and as I let her know...Major tears of joy here...I'm overwhelmed with joy and amazement of how the Lord blesses us with special people in our lives to be there for us through the storms of life so we can witness the rainbows together as the light shines through the clouds!!
 
We have been friends for over 40 years, since we were only 3 years old...around the age of Cailan...what a neat coincidence...but then again, there are no coincidences in God's plans!


So I dedicate this painting to my beautiful friend Lisa...because she spreads love where ever she goes!

God bless you all!  Gina Arzaga

No comments:

Post a Comment