Thursday, May 27, 2010

On my way now...getting ready to try out my wings!

I did it...well at least the main part! It really felt good to just move or as I like to call "dance" my paintbrush on the canvas! I am planning to add some new techniques to this so I'll post it as soon as it's officially finished! I really like the richness of the colors on the black background and what's even cooler is that I don't have to outline my painted subject. As I'm developing my style I noticed that I really like to outline my art w/ black or even white as it really makes them pop!!

I was going through my artwork yesterday as I was showing a dear friend of mine what I've been up to and I can't believe that it's been already 3 years since I began painting again! I've always been drawing for years but didn't begin painting on canvas until 2007. I used to paint here and there before but more like home decor type of stuff...you know like tole painting on wood pieces for gifts and holiday craft fairs. I used to be really into crafting and even used to sell at little crafts fairs magnets and wall plaques for decorations. It's funny because even though I enjoyed creating those pieces sometimes they they would come out too 'artsy' which led me to eventually follow my heart! So now I will be getting ready to try out my wings...watch out world...I'm on my way now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment