Saturday, July 24, 2010

Nostalgia and other randomness...

I can't believe how once upon a time I used to live for Saturdays, and now they are just not quite the same. I guess it's because I am just in this mode of 'living life to the fullest'...not that I'm celebrating everywhere all the time, it's a more simple lifestyle that I'm enjoying now. So right now, I'm enjoying the quiet Saturday evening with my window open and the night noises of the crickets chirping away. The only thing reminding me that it's a Saturday is the distant laughing, chattering and Mariachi music coming from a party down the street...which is actually comforting as it reminds me of when we used to have parties when my grandma was alive! I guess you can say I'm feeling a bit nostalgic. :)

Speaking of nostalgia...I have some new art that fits in that theme: *Vintage Flying Hearts*
This is my newest edition I'm working on...these are all going to have the same colors and Vintage/antique style to them but each piece will be different looking Flying Hearts. The edges are all finished in black and ready to hang. I made the top edges appear to be 'inked'...which I totally love! These can be collected as a collection or individually. Later I will be making them available as prints but for now I've got the originals up in my Etsy boutique!

So this is the first one of the series: "Finally, Love has arrived..."

The 2nd: "You Make My Heart Soar"

The next few pieces are totally random styles. Sometimes when I paint I get 'expressional' or even sometimes I feel more 'spiritual'. In this painting below 'Cross of Faith' it was actually a painting I was in a spiritual mode...in fact I was praising the Lord while painting the background and cross.

This piece "Visitations" also created in a spiritial mode but the outcome reminded me more of Disneyland for some reason! lol!
As you can see, my styles vary quite a bit...I don't like to feel that I have to do things only one way...especially when I'm feeling creative! I am still working on more artwork and actually finishing up a piece that I am planning to 'Give Away' this coming week! So come back on Monday for more information about that! Well thanks for stopping by...I hope your enjoying the nostalgia and random sounds of life going on around you now at this moment too! God bless you all...Cre8tvlyYrs, Gina :)

No comments:

Post a Comment