Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas'ing!!

Helllooo and Merrry Christmas'ing everyone!
 
I have to say, this has been the most eventful Christmas season for me ever!!  I was creating and putting gifts together up to each day of each gatherings!!  I have so many B-days in December as well so we were busy...but in a good way!
 
 
 Last Tuesday, 12/18/12, we had our Christmas Party with our Confirmation Class that we teach and I made about 36 Prayer Cards featuring my Mary artwork above and my niece Selena helped me make these little tent Christmas cards too.  All this work was worth all their smiles upon recieving them!

 
Then the next day, 12/19/12, I had a little Birthday dinner for my husband Art...we made Posole for the 1st time and it came out delicioso!!  Then on Saturday, 12/22/12, we went to my family's "December Birthday's Party" since we have like 6 B-days from the 6th to the 23rd we started a this tradition.  It was so fun and I got to see my cousins that we grew up spending Christmas with but don't get to anymore.  Then on Sunday, 12/23/12, was my niece Selena's 14th B-day Dinner!
 
Then of course, I was still getting all my gifts put together from that evening until the early dawn of Christmas Eve!  As I was doing so, I realized that I didn't really have anything for my 6 nephews...how could I forget them?  So at 4:45 am I went to our local 'Super Walmart' and at 6 am exactly as I am finally done and getting to get my things checked out...really...I couldn't believe this...but yes, really this did happen...
 
A MAD MAN comes into the store yelling for the manager...at first I just thought he was an upset customer until he comes up to the Cashier who was about to ring me up yelling at her to tell him where the manager was and as this happens is when I notice the big GUN he happens to be holding!!!  Now I'm not a gun expert, but my husband knows more than me and due to the barrel I described to him...he said it was an automatic rifle...whatever gun it was...really doesn't matter to me...what mattered to me was that he came in to the store with a gun!!!
 
So at first I was like thinking in my head...no way can that gun be real, could it be?  It was so big he was holding it with both hands!!  He walked away quickly in the direction the Cashier pointed to and I was so stunned and my heart was beating so fast, my hands were trembling and I felt that 'falling' feeling...I felt so panicked and did the only thing I knew to do and that was pray...I prayed for the Lord to send his Holy Guardian Angls to protect us and for him not to shoot or kill anyone!  Then who knows how much time passed...most likely seconds after they noticed him walk towards the back of the store, we were rushed out of the store into the falling rain...so then I ran so fast to my truck and drove away from the store...it wasn't until I got home that I realized that I just could've been killed or shot as I was in his direct range of fire...thank God, he didn't shoot anyone and the wierd thing is that they still haven't found him.
 
I was so happy to spend time with my family on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day...I especially made sure to thank the Lord for being able to enjoy Christmas with him at Church!  This morning I finally felt clear headed enough since I have no more 'gift' projects looming in my mind and the shock from what happened Christmas Eve morning has worn off too...which made me realize just how much the Lord really loves me, how much he blesses me every day...and I know that he's definately not finished blessing me.  I can feel it...there's many more to come and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment